ExEdUK members are invited to regular (usually quarterly) meetings to learn about recent developments in the international education sector, insight into ongoing policy and political discussions, and hear from expert speakers about issues of relevance to all international educators.
19 October 2017, 15:30–17:30, CIEE Global Institute, Russell Square, London
‘Making Your Voice Heard – lobbying for change in international education’
This meeting of Exporting Education UK will focus on making an impact in the ever-changing UK policy environment for international education. The sector’s drive to make the UK more welcoming is sometimes at odds with the political rhetoric on immigration, Brexit and access to education.
Our facilitators will set out the key opportunities over the next 12 months where the education sector needs to come together to make a positive change for international education in the UK.
Topics will include:
- How Parliament makes decisions on international students
- Parliamentary questions, early day motions, and other interventions
- Lobbying MPs and Lords – a short toolkit
Role of the APPG for International Students in the parliamentary landscape
- How to make the most of meetings, events and opportunities to interact with the APPG
Overview of the upcoming Migration Advisory Committee review into student migration
- Discussion with education sector bodies on submitting evidence
Up Next: The Immigration Bill
- What we expect from the Immigration Bill and how you can make a difference
- Group discussion on areas where international education providers can work together to lobby for changes in government policy